Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Chelsea Galleries Reaction

One artist whose work I would not like to collect:

Rashaad Newsome: Herald
Marlborough Gallery

What I dislike about this collection is basically its entire concep
t. I do find the artist's comparison of Hip-hop and heraldry very interesting and it does work. However, I do not feel this would be enough for me to collect these pieces. Even though, the collages do look incredibly elaborate, to me the material looks inexpensive to say the least. I think that this artist's work isn't a good investment because I see this collection as something very transitory, bound to be forgotten in some years. I don't think I would display the artwork.


One artist whose work I would like to collect:
Kristen Schiele: Beyond the Rocks
Freight and Volume Gallery

I enjoyed this collection very much, I think that the artworks harmonize with each other and that the artist successfully transmits the idea of the collection in a tasteful manner. I think that these multimedia artworks can become timeless which makes them ideal for investment. I would display the artwork, I feel it owes to be appreciated by the public.



Rashaad Newsome
BO$$ED UP, 2011

Rashaad Newsome
Let Them Eat Cakes, 2011

Kristen Schiele
Over the Edge, 2011

Kristen Schiele
Uptown Girls Can Drink, 2011

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you, I don't think the first pieces represent hip hop but all together the artwork are great

    ReplyDelete